At the Good Works Staffing Center, our goal is to increase employment numbers among homeless single women and single mothers. We provide viable education and job training to help unemployed and underemployed women secure stable employment.
The Good Works Employment Center
According to the most recent data from the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Fulton County suffers from some of highest unemployment rates in the Metro Atlanta area. To thwart this trend, City of Refuge’s Good Works Employment Center is designed to establish, empower, educate, and employ individuals into stable, sustainable vocations.
Our innovative process starts with encouraging, listening, and then assisting the women to remove some of the barriers preventing them from being gainfully employed. All of the women must be an active participant in their own employment assessment, which includes:
- Long term and short term individual goal plan
Key Success Indicators
The Good Works Employment Center looks to increase the number employed women that were formerly homeless. We assist them in finding employment and increasing their earning potential through education and job training. Since its inception, the Good Works Employment Center has made a significant difference, and some of the key success indicators are:
- 70% of clients maintain employment 90 days after leaving the program
- 50% of women secure employment before exiting the program
- 90% of eligible unemployed women participate in the program
- 70% of women complete the assigned classes and enjoy an increase in knowledge